- November 24, 2023 Entrepreneurial Stories of Impactful ICF Members #37 Visualizing Social Value by Organizing the Desired Social Results and the Paths to Reach Them―＆PUBLIC Inc. Takes a Unique Approach to Support Business Improvement That Will Maximize Social Impact
- November 20, 2023 Monthly News Monthly NEWS 2023 November
- October 20, 2023 Monthly News Monthly NEWS 2023 October
- October 16, 2023 Entrepreneurial Stories of Impactful ICF Members #35 salmontech inc., a Startup Pursuing New Possibilities of Medical Treatment and Healthcare Through the Realization of Low-Cost Echo Equipment
Throughout the 20th century, humanity has enjoyed prosperity and longevity thanks to the benefits of industrialization and economic growth. However, in the 21st century, many countries have experienced a shift from economic growth to market saturation as well as the onset of societal issues such as global warming, decreasing birthrate, and aging population.
Other countries are faced with the challenge of achieving growth and prosperity while simultaneously tackling widespread poverty and unrestrained population growth.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has swept the world, shaking the foundations of social and economic systems.
However, such societal and economical shock was imminent nonetheless as a consequence of the excessive economic growth and globalization. Humanity has been overwhelmed with the challenge of sustaining the global environment while improving quality of life. These challenges can be overcome through innovation and the combining of breakthroughs from technology to business models.
The Initiative for Co-creating the Future—Innovating the Platinum Society (ICF) has been established to tackle the world’s most pressing challenges through open innovation. The ICF has launched through a merger of the Platinum Society Research Association and the Innovation Network for Co-Creating the Future (INCF). The Platinum Society Research Association has for the past ten years advocated Japan’s role as a leading country in resolving societal issues. The Innovation Network for Co-Creating the Future (INCF) has for the past four years endeavored to resolve societal issues through innovative technologies and new businesses.
ICF will undertake the complete set of activities necessary to create the desirable world. These activities will span a wide range from identifying societal issues to gathering solutions, co-creating businesses among member companies to their real-world implementation.
For members networking forms another pillar of ICF endeavors, creating connections among members and beyond. Events in store for members include the Future Co-Creation Project, Societal Issues Discussion, Collaborative Research Meeting, and Business Acceleration Program.
- Future Co-creation Project
- The project offers those who are interested in specific societal issues a venue to explore business ideas, design business models, and make policy proposals.
- Societal Issues Discussion
- The Discussion serves as a study group to explore specific topics of interest in conjunction with research on societal issues.
- Business Acceleration Program
- The BAP collects ideas for resolving societal issues with business from startups world-wide. The program aims to foster co-creation activities among startups, ICF members, and MRI.
- MRI Working Groups
- Through its various research divisions, MRI hosts a variety of working groups featuring close collaboration with ICF members.
Research on Societal Issues
ICF offers access to the findings of research on societal issues conducted by MRI—a useful resource for discussion and consideration on new projects.
- Societal Issues Report
- The series offers information on burgeoning solutions to societal issues and macro-level trends in technology and regulations.
- Societal Issues Index
- The index features statistical indicators related to the potential demand for and impact of societal issues.
The Latest at the ICF
This section provides the latest information on the ICF itself, from articles on activities to specific examples for resolving societal issues.
- Insight Reports
- These reports outline various Future Co-Creation Projects and include the views of MRI researchers in each field.
- Impact Entrepreneurs Stories
- Impact entrepreneurs are featured in these articles recounting their stories in striving to resolve societal issues.